Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ahh to be Kate

I must admit I am slightly obsessed with Kate. It isn't her fabulous long legs or great wardrobe. It isn't even that she's marrying a prince, which one is she marrying anyway? It is the fact that she will never have to clean a toilet again. She will be able to sit and enjoy a meal with her husband and children to be (I assume) uninterrupted. Just think, she will not have to get up and get anyone more milk or wipe up a spill. She can walk the dog and not have to pick up the poop. (Clearly, I have decided these things do not build character, more on what does in some other post.) So of course I will encourage my kids to watch the wedding, as I watched Diana marry whoever she married, was it Charles? All I remember is the puffy sleeves and forever long train of her dress...Guess I better sort out these folks names before I go to England! On to more important things, I am so proud of my three students. They worked for about 8 weeks on their quilts and they came out great. Hopefully I am creating future quilters out of these 7 year old girls. They picked out their own fabrics, decided on color schemes, and sewed the entire quilts themselves. (I helped a bit with the cutting.) Check out their pics.

2 comments:

  1. hey lady, looking forward to meeting you at the Do What You Love retreat in the UK. I love patchwork too! xxMoyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely lady! Hope you got home safely. Bet it's nice to be back with the family. I did a little blog post and you are in it http://hannahnunn.blogspot.com/2011/05/do-what-you-love-retreat.html Take care. Hope you found a spot for you lamp. Do send me a picture .Lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete